Board index › Products › Audio Codec Shield

Handling voice data over serial port

4 posts · 17867 views

Handling voice data over serial port

by youthreewire » Sat Jun 13, 2015 13:54 UTC
Hello,

I did one test I am sending the left_in data via serial port at 2Mbps from the mega connected to the codec shield to the computer and sending (echoing) it back but it become too noisy and the voice becomes grainy.It appears that there is loss of serial data of the sound. What is the best way to send the sound data to the laptop/dekstop to process it or send it back? Should use a sound card?

Re: Handling voice data over serial port

by youthreewire » Sat Jun 13, 2015 14:29 UTC
Another question is once I have sent the left_in and right_in data over serial port from the arduino to laptop how do I recreate voice back on the laptop.I will listen to the regenerated voice using headphones .I tried to stream the same values back to the codec shield but the sound had lot of noisy and it was grainy. So is there a library to regenerate sound on the laptop? Please let me know.

Re: Handling voice data over serial port

by youthreewire » Sat Jun 13, 2015 14:36 UTC
The simple question is how do I reconstruct voice back on the laptop with the stream mic values left_in and right_in?

Re: Handling voice data over serial port

by guest » Sat Jun 13, 2015 18:57 UTC
i am not sure how to do streaming audio data playback on a computer, but you can take your incoming data, and use it to create a .WAV file, and play that file on the computer. it might be possible to just keep adding the incoming data to the end of the file, so it plays conitinuously.