by Altitude » Sat May 24, 2014 21:50 UTC
So in the instructions, it indicates that all that is needed to run the device with pacemaker off (with jumper wires as they are) is just jumpers to the tune pot. Is that it? I am not getting any audio out but CV is getting to the board and I can measure the OSC changing when I play different keys. I sense I am missing something
by guest » Mon May 26, 2014 08:11 UTC
sorry about that, i think the instructions need to be descriptive. the audio comes out on J6, so you can probe for it there while tuning - it wont come out the filter or VCA output though. you mentioned you saw the OSC changing, with CV, so it sounds like board is working.
by Altitude » Mon May 26, 2014 12:18 UTC
ah. Figured it must have been something like that. Working fine. VCA seems very clicky, is that to be expected?
by guest » Mon May 26, 2014 22:16 UTC
the VCA might be a bit clicky on some, as there wasnt an option for "selected" transistors. so the offset voltage could be a little higher. the offset voltage trim mod should take care of it, if its not tolerable.
by Altitude » Mon May 26, 2014 22:52 UTC
That's what I was hoping for. Which parts/pins should get the trimmer?
by guest » Tue May 27, 2014 09:59 UTC
you can put the resistor/trimmer on J9 - pin1.