Board index › Products › Stomp Shield

tremelo effect

4 posts · 11583 views

tremelo effect

by Arduinoob » Mon May 12, 2014 18:29 UTC
Im trying to understand the tremelo effect, and maybe use my own wavetable, but the waveform that I made is very noisy. I understand I use the sinewave table to generate the tremelo LFO, I think the difficulty is at the multiplication between the input and the LFO.

Re: tremelo effect

by guest » Mon May 12, 2014 22:11 UTC
did you create your own wavetable? what does your code look like? what did you change from the example?

Re: tremelo effect

by Arduinoob » Tue May 13, 2014 13:16 UTC
I just replaced the sinewave header with a square wave header. Im trying to create a ring modulator.

Re: tremelo effect

by guest » Tue May 13, 2014 20:20 UTC
can you post a snippet of your lookup table, showing both some of the positive values, and the negative values? also, is it the same length at the sinewave table?

also, square waves have a lot of harmonics in them, is the noise you mention "noise" like white noise? or is it distortion/clipping? does it repeat at the LFO rate?