Board index › Products › Stomp Shield

What are the supply+output voltages of the Stomp Shield?

3 posts · 15548 views

What are the supply+output voltages of the Stomp Shield?

by diydsp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 02:10 UTC
Hi! I haven't put my Stomp Shield together yet to test, but from a quick glance at the Stomp Shield Schematic (http://wiki.openmusiclabs.com/wiki/StompShield?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=stomp_schematic.png) it appears the output may swing from 0V to 5V. Is that correct? And is the output centered around 2.5V?

I'm asking because I want to recommend one to a friend for use with the STM32F4, same thing I would like to do. The maximum input voltage for the stm32f4 ADC is 3.6V, but it's supply voltage to the ADC is typically at 3.0v on some m4 dev boards and 3.3v on other dev boards.

(from the spec sheet http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21733h.pdf, the MCP6004 seems to run rail-to-rail and down to 1.8V, so I'm wondering if it's possible to supply the StompShield with 3.0v or 3.3v signals)

Thank you very much! Here's the thread where we're talking about the StompShield: http://www.reddit.com/r/stm32f4/comments/1vutow/can_i_use_the_stm32s_dsp_instructions_to_sample/

Re: What are the supply+output voltages of the Stomp Shield?

by guest » Sat Jan 25, 2014 21:42 UTC
yes, you can run the stomp shield at any voltage down to 1.8V.

Re: What are the supply+output voltages of the Stomp Shield?

by diydsp » Sat Feb 01, 2014 19:45 UTC
Awesome, thanks for the response!

BTW, I had the link to the STM32F4 forum wrong in my last post. That's where I was encouraging a guy who wanted to build a guitar tuner from the STM32F4 Discovery Board to try using a StompShield as a preamp + Nyquist filter. Here is the proper link: ttp://www.reddit.com/r/stm32f4/comments/1vutow/can_i_use_the_stm32s_dsp_instructions_to_sample/

I wonder if he got it to work... (suspense)