Board index › Products › MIDIvampire

Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I and II

7 posts · 16064 views

Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I and II

by project2501x » Thu Oct 31, 2013 19:21 UTC
Hi all,

I am trying to open the Eagle board file (.brd) in Eagle 6.4.0 to make some minor changes and sending it to OSH Park for fabrication. But when I open either version of the MIDIVampire board I get the exact same error message:

EAGLE update report

Date: 2013-10-31 19:31
File: /Electronics/Eagle/MidiVamp/vamp2.brd

Update from version 4.11

Polygon rank in packages is now obsolete, and package polygons
in signal layers are now part of the signal an enclosed pad or
smd is connected to.
Please check whether the following parts still behave as expected:

  U$1, PAD/CUTAWAY, audioint
  U$2, PAD/CUTAWAY, audioint
  U$3, PAD/CUTAWAY, audioint
  U$4, PAD/CUTAWAY, audioint


Has anyone been successful in upgrading the board files to Eagle 6.4.0? If so can you give me some pointers on how to do it? And/or maybe provide functioning 6.4.0 board files?

Re: Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I an

by guest » Thu Oct 31, 2013 23:04 UTC
sorry about that, im still using my old version of eagle. can you tell it to ignore the errors and generate anyways? if not, perhaps try locating an old version of eagle. another option might be to just open the schematic first, and recreate just the part its failing on, so it changes its library association. then open up the board file and see if it still complains.

Re: Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I an

by project2501x » Fri Nov 01, 2013 20:44 UTC
Thanks!
I replaced the cut-away pads and after that all seems to work.

Btw, if I don't cut any of the cut-away pads (pulling them all down to GND) does the vampire operate in omni channel mode?

Re: Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I an

by guest » Fri Nov 01, 2013 22:09 UTC
if you dont cut any of the traces, it responds to channel 1. omni mode is not implemented on it.

Re: Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I an

by project2501x » Fri Nov 01, 2013 22:26 UTC
Great, thanks!

Re: Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I an

by project2501x » Fri Nov 08, 2013 13:44 UTC
Btw, I know the BOM states that only the S-1112B30MC regulator should be used, but I have a couple of these laying around:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/2355515

Wouldn't they work?

Re: Issues opening the Eagle files for both MIDIvampire I an

by guest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 19:18 UTC
those are switching regulators, and this needs a linear regulator. other regulators might work, but they need to have a quiescent current less than 1mA. much, much less is preferred. it might run without a regulator, but youd year the midi data on the audio output.