Board index › Products › MIDIvampire

hard setting of midi channel for 16 modules!

3 posts · 12484 views

hard setting of midi channel for 16 modules!

by pianokeyjoe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 18:06 UTC
I am interested to build a 16 channel synth using 8 Midivampire 1 units and 8 midivampire ll units.I need to know how do I set the midi per module as a hard wired setting,and how do I setup the ability to daisy chain the units in order to make a 16 part multitimbral or at least a very thick 8 times stacked synth?I am currently buying all the all wooden keyboard parts so I only have the midivampire 1 and 2 modules to buy.I need to know that I can accomplish this before I spend all that money though.

Re: hard setting of midi channel for 16 modules!

by guest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 20:40 UTC
the midi channels can be set by cutting traces on the bottom of the boards.

the synths can only be daisy chained if you have an external powersupply to run them off of. you will also need to build a small midi repeater that sends the same messages to all of them. i can give tips on how to build this repeater, if you have experience making circuits.

Re: hard setting of midi channel for 16 modules!

by Suzaan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 09:34 UTC
the midi channels can be set by cutting traces on the bottom of the boards.