Maple USB/Comm Woes - anyone know how to fix this?
I know there's a similar thread on this, but I wanted to start a fresh thread that's more explicit to my issue.
Basically: I uploaded an example sketch to my Maple (on flash), and now the Maple will no longer open up a COM port when I connect it over USB (I'm on Windows, by the way). The demo still runs and remains on the Maple when I power it up over USB, but I can't figure out a new way to upload a new sketch.
I actually just bought a new Maple because of it, and this is the 2nd time it's happened. So now I have 2 bricked(ish) maples :[
Trouble-shooting I've tried:
- mess with putting the maple in continuous bootloader mode: this makes the maple appear in device manager under libUSB, but not under COM ports, so I still can't communicate with it.
- uninstall/reinstall the libUSB drivers
- attempt to reflash the maple by talking to it through an Arduino (fails to communicate)
- test the Maple (but not reflashing) on other peopels computers with different OSes - Ubuntu + OSX
Has anyone happened to have run into this / know what I can do to at least get a new sketch on the Maple?
Basically: I uploaded an example sketch to my Maple (on flash), and now the Maple will no longer open up a COM port when I connect it over USB (I'm on Windows, by the way). The demo still runs and remains on the Maple when I power it up over USB, but I can't figure out a new way to upload a new sketch.
I actually just bought a new Maple because of it, and this is the 2nd time it's happened. So now I have 2 bricked(ish) maples :[
Trouble-shooting I've tried:
- mess with putting the maple in continuous bootloader mode: this makes the maple appear in device manager under libUSB, but not under COM ports, so I still can't communicate with it.
- uninstall/reinstall the libUSB drivers
- attempt to reflash the maple by talking to it through an Arduino (fails to communicate)
- test the Maple (but not reflashing) on other peopels computers with different OSes - Ubuntu + OSX
Has anyone happened to have run into this / know what I can do to at least get a new sketch on the Maple?