Board index › Products › MICrODEC › MICrODEC General Discussion

Problems with the screws

6 posts · 11353 views

Problems with the screws

by Hjorten » Fri Jul 20, 2012 22:21 UTC
I went with the thread cutting screws but it seems almost impossible to screw them into the channels since there are no "tracks" for them to fit into. I tried screwing them in quite hard, but I also don't want to risk the head to lose its shape.

Any tips how to get the screws in properly?

Yeah, I tried the torx head screws too, and have the same problem there.

Re: Problems with the screws

by guest » Sat Jul 21, 2012 06:02 UTC
the screws are a bit tricky
the best way to get them in
is to first make sure that they are going in straight
if they start going in crooked
they will never get it

then tighten it up until it gets tough to turn
and back then back the screw out
and blow on the hole to clear it
then go in again
and repeat until its fully in

if it is still giving a bit of trouble
put a drop of oil into the hole

Re: Problems with the screws

by Hjorten » Sat Jul 21, 2012 09:58 UTC
Okay, I'll give that a shot!

Re: Problems with the screws

by Hjorten » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:23 UTC
I found it a lot easier to not have the pcb in place when I screwed the screws. And I found a better driver than the one I used at first.

Re: Problems with the screws

by guest » Sat Jul 21, 2012 19:49 UTC
both very good suggestions

did it all work out?

Re: Problems with the screws

by Hjorten » Tue Jul 24, 2012 13:42 UTC
Yeah, it worked out perfectly. Just spent ten minutes playing around with it, and I thought it was just a minute or two, heh.