Porting to C
Well, guest left town this week to go back to doing his regular thing, and I've got a bit of extra time so I'm starting to write stuff in C for the MICrODEC.
Even though I work on a mac, I decided to try doing it on a pc emulator to make my processes a little more publicly useful. I installed WinAVR and warmed up by writing a serial communication program for the microdec. This is just a total test, it doesn't implement any audio functions, but it was heartening to see my little microdec sending me data.
If anybody reading this wants to see a copy of the code, let me know, I might incorporate it into a tutorial in the future, but for now I'm not going to post it publicly to avoid confusing people.
Next steps -
for fun:
maybe a program that sends max/msp information about the knobs
for useful:
translate main asm file into C
determine if any code modifications need to be made in order to inline the avr assembly
Even though I work on a mac, I decided to try doing it on a pc emulator to make my processes a little more publicly useful. I installed WinAVR and warmed up by writing a serial communication program for the microdec. This is just a total test, it doesn't implement any audio functions, but it was heartening to see my little microdec sending me data.
If anybody reading this wants to see a copy of the code, let me know, I might incorporate it into a tutorial in the future, but for now I'm not going to post it publicly to avoid confusing people.
Next steps -
for fun:
maybe a program that sends max/msp information about the knobs
for useful:
translate main asm file into C
determine if any code modifications need to be made in order to inline the avr assembly